4avocados, halved and pitted
1/8 colive oil, extra virgin
1/2yellow onion, 1/2" slices
4 clovegarlic, peeled
1jalapeno, halved and seeded
1 1/2 tspsea slat
1 tspblack pepper
1 bunchcilantro, chopped
How to Make Grilled Guacamole
- Brush avocados with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill, meat side down, on grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and gently toss.
- Grill vegetables and lemon until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Remove flesh from avocados with spoon.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado meat with fork, leaving it relatively chunky.
- Add juice from the grilled lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the rest of the grilled vegetables and fold into the avocado mixture.
- Add more salt to taste, if needed. Finish with cilantro.