Scrumptious Shrimp Wontons
What a great party appetizer! There are a few steps, but these are not very hard to put together. The filling is fabulous and the bit of sesame oil is a nice touch of added flavor. I dipped them in a bit of sweet chili sauce... oh they were good! We steamed them this time. But, next time, I'm going to try them fried.
- 1 lb
- raw shrimp - diced fine
- 1 can(s)
- bamboo shoots (4 oz) - diced fine
- 1 Tbsp
- Chinese cooking wine
- 1 clove
- garlic - minced fine
- 1 1/2 tsp
- sesame oil
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- white pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1 pkg
- square wonton noodle wrappers
How to Make Scrumptious Shrimp Wontons
- 1Combine first 9 ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and mix well - you may need to get dirty and use your fingers to get the proper consistency :)!
- 2Refrigerate for about 1 hour to allow marinade to set.
- 3Place one wonton wrapper in front of you on a 'diamond' angle - so one of the points is pointing directly at you.
- 4Add a small dollop of the shrimp mixture (a bit bigger than a quarter) to the center of your wonton wrapper. Do not overfill or your wontons will be hard to seal properly.
- 5Dipping your index finger in water, trace the exposed edges of the wonton wrapper. This is what will make it stick together. Try not to get it too wet, just enough to moisten it.
- 6Fold the edge of the wonton wrapper closest to you (that diamond point) over the dollop of shrimp and join it with the corresponding point on the other edge, pinching the wrapper together firmly.
- 8Turn the triangle pouch around so the center point is once again facing you
- 9Moisten the top edge of the right point of the triangle, then gently bend the left and right points together firmly pinching the left point on top of the right.
- 10Repeat until you have used all the shrimp mixture - about 30 dumplings.
- 11Cooking dumplings:
- If Deep Frying - cook in hot vegetable or peanut oil for 4-5 mins or until golden brown.
- If Boiling - place the dumplings into boiling water (with a drizzle of sesame oil) for about 5 mins from fresh or 8-10 mins from frozen.
- If Steaming - about 5-6 minutes from fresh or 10 mins from frozen.