- 1 large
- onion diced
- 2 lb
- of hot, mild or sweet sausage
- 1 bag(s)
- mozzarella cheese grated. 12 or 16 oz bag
- 1 scoop(s)
- parmesan cheese
- pizza dough ball
How to Make Sausage Bread
- 1Take sausage out of casing or use ground sausage meat not in casings. Then saute diced onion and sausage in frying pan until sausage is no longer pink and onion is soft. Then strain this mixture to get rid of all the fat.
- 2Roll pizza dough out. You might have to work with dough for a little while. Roll out into a big square. Then spread sausage mixture all over the dough leaving 1 inch space on all sides. Then sprinkle your cheeses on top of sausage mixture. Grease large cookie sheet pan before laying your sausage bread on it to bake.
- 3Now roll dough up jelly roll fashion and brush top with a egg wash. [Beat 1 egg with a little water to make egg wash]
Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 15 mins or a little longer. You want it golden brown but not burnt. Take out of oven let cool for a little while and then slice and enjoy. You can dip into your favorite spaghetti sauce.
Hope you enjoy as much as we do. I usually make this for Christmas Eve and other holidays as an appetizer.