CHEDDAR SAUSAGE BALLS
- 2 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 1 lb
- ground pork breakfast sausage, uncooked
- 8 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 c
- biscuit mix
How to Make CHEDDAR SAUSAGE BALLS
- 1Lightly spray a 9"x13" pan with cooking spray or butter lightly.
- 2In a large bowl, use a fork to combine cream cheese with seasoned salt and beat until fluffy.
- 3Add sausage and cheese and, using your hands, mix very well until the cream cheese is incorporated. (TIP: Use food safe plastic gloves to save your hands from a messy clean-up.)
- 4Add biscuit mix and continue to mix well. (This is a stiff dough and it takes some time and patience. Don't be tempted to add any liquid or it will not turn out right.)
- 5Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 6Take a medium pinch of the dough and roll into a ball about the size of a small walnut and place in prepared pan. Continue making balls until dough is gone.
- 7Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- 8Remove foil, rotate pan and bake for another 20 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and quickly remove sausage balls from fat in pan and place on paper towels.
- 10Arrange on serving plate and serve hot or at room temperature.
- 11Place any leftovers in an airtight refrigerator container, or zipper bag, and keep refrigerated. May be frozen and reheated.