CHEDDAR SAUSAGE BALLS
2 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/8 tspseasoned salt
1 lbground pork breakfast sausage, uncooked
8 ozsharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 cbiscuit mix
How to Make CHEDDAR SAUSAGE BALLS
- Lightly spray a 9"x13" pan with cooking spray or butter lightly.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to combine cream cheese with seasoned salt and beat until fluffy.
- Add sausage and cheese and, using your hands, mix very well until the cream cheese is incorporated. (TIP: Use food safe plastic gloves to save your hands from a messy clean-up.)
- Add biscuit mix and continue to mix well. (This is a stiff dough and it takes some time and patience. Don't be tempted to add any liquid or it will not turn out right.)
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a medium pinch of the dough and roll into a ball about the size of a small walnut and place in prepared pan. Continue making balls until dough is gone.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, rotate pan and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and quickly remove sausage balls from fat in pan and place on paper towels.
- Arrange on serving plate and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Place any leftovers in an airtight refrigerator container, or zipper bag, and keep refrigerated. May be frozen and reheated.