Susan's Homemade Pimento Cheese
This recipe is our family's favorite. It has just the right mix of cheese, pimento, and flavor. Use the very best cheese you can find, because the flavor depends a lot on your cheese. I hope you enjoy it.
- 8 oz
- block extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 oz
- cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- juice from the pimento jar
- 1/2 c
- mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, plus more to taste
- 1/4 c
- diced pimentos (from a jar)
How to Make Susan's Homemade Pimento Cheese
- 1Grate the cheddar cheese on a box grater, using the side with large holes. You get even smaller pieces of cheese if you freeze the cheese first overnight, then let sit at room temperature about 10 minutes before grating. I grate mine onto a large sheet of waxed paper. Place the grated cheese into a large mixing bowl.
- 2Be sure the cream cheese is very soft. You can even cut it into small pieces and microwave it 10-15 seconds if you like. Whip the cream cheese with a fork until smooth, then beat in the honey, pimento juice, and mayonnaise until very smooth.
- 3Add the diced pimentos and the mayonnaise mixture gently to the grated cheese, and fold all together, being sure to distribute everything evenly. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.