Melon, Cheese & Prosciutto Appetizer Salad
How to Make Melon, Cheese & Prosciutto Appetizer Salad
- 1Put one cup of water or melon juice in a saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin powder over it. Allow it to soften for a few minutes. Heat on medium high, stirring until the gelatin powder is completely dissolved and juice begins to boil. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- 2With a melon baller scoop out 25-30 melon balls. Save the rest for using at a lter time.
Place the melon balls, to fit in one layer, on the bottom of a loaf pan.
- 3On top, gently pour half of the amount of the gelatin mixture over the melon balls, evenly distributing the mixture. It should not completely cover the balls. Place the pan in the fridge until semi chilled.
- 4Whisk the cream cheese with the remaining gelatin mixture and pour over the chilled melon balls. Cover the cream cheese layer with the Prosciuto stips and place in fridge to chill and until ready to serve.
- 5To serve: Carefully run a knife along the inner edge of the pan to loosen. Another and for me safer way is to lower the loaf pan into a larger bowl/pan or sink full of hot water for a few seconds to free the salad. Invert over a platter and enjoy!
Do not leave in the hot water more than a few seconds otherwise the salad will melt.