Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
- 12 stick
- of string cheese in your choice of cheese, you can also use low sodium
- 1 large
- 2 Tbsp
- 5 Tbsp
- bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese
- a dollop of olive oil or cooking spray
How to Make Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
- 1Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 24 slices, then freeze the slices in the freezer until completely frozen. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2Beat the egg in a small bowl. Use a separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese
- 3To bread cheese sticks, dip the frozen cheese sticks into the flour, then into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture.
- 4Once all the 24 sticks are coated place them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with a few drops of olive oil or sprayed with cooking spray ( this will keep clean up easy and keep the sticks from sticking to the pan)
- 5Bake in the oven for about 4 minutes or until crisp. They need to be watched closely so they don't melt completely! Dip in some warm marinara or just enjoy plain!