Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
12 stickof string cheese in your choice of cheese, you can also use low sodium
5 Tbspbread crumbs
2 Tbspparmesan cheese
·a dollop of olive oil or cooking spray
How to Make Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
- Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 24 slices, then freeze the slices in the freezer until completely frozen. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Use a separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese
- To bread cheese sticks, dip the frozen cheese sticks into the flour, then into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Once all the 24 sticks are coated place them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with a few drops of olive oil or sprayed with cooking spray ( this will keep clean up easy and keep the sticks from sticking to the pan)
- Bake in the oven for about 4 minutes or until crisp. They need to be watched closely so they don't melt completely! Dip in some warm marinara or just enjoy plain!