☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- moist-pack dried apricots, cut in small pieces
- 6 Tbsp
- whole hazelnuts
- 1/4 c
- poppy seeds
- crackers and italian parsley for decoration
How to Make Apricot-Nut Cheese
- 1In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add apricots and beat to blend well.
- 2Preheat oven F 350. Spread hazelnuts evenly on a baking sheet and bake about 10 min, or until lightly toasted. Cool.
Pour nuts onto a paper towel, fold towel around nuts and rub briskly between your palms to remove as much of skins as possible. Return nuts to oven and bake 5 min. longer or until golden.Cool, chop coarsely and add to cheese.
- 3On a sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper, form cheese mixture into an 8 inch-long log.
- 6To serve, place log on a cheese board and cut in about 3/8 inch thick slices. Garnish with Italian parsley.
Makes about 20 pieces