★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 ccake flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soa
6egg whites, unbeaten
How to Make Buttermilk Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease three 9 inch round pans.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter. Add sugar gradually and beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir baking soda into buttermilk.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk mixture (in fourths) to butter and sugar mixture.
- Add egg whites; mix well. Add vanilla and mix.
- Pour batter into the three pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean. Be careful not to over bake.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes and then turn out onto cooling racks.