1head iceberg lettuce or a mix of lettuces
3 mediumripe tomatoes cut up
1 pkg16 oz. bacon cooked crisp & drained
1 cregular mayo, (not salad dressing.)
2 Tbspdry parmesan cheese
How to Make Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato Salad with Poached Egg
- Cut up lettuce into bite size pcs. Put in large bowl.
- Cut up or chop tomatoes and add to lettuce.
- Cook bacon to crisp. I do this in the oven at 350 degrees. There is no mess on the stove. I put it on a baking sheet.
- Break crisp bacon into pieces and add to lettuce bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix about 1 cup mayo (not salad dressing), about 1 TBL. Splenda, and about 2 TBL. dry parmesan cheese. Add a little milk or 1/2 & 1/2 to thin a little. Pour over salad and mix well.
- Poach 1 or 2 eggs, drain well with slotted spoon and towel, and place eggs over salad.