Sausage Skillet Supper
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We loved this one-dish breakfast skillet... All the flavors are spot on. If you like your eggs over easy, just cook them for half the suggested time. We can't wait to try more add-ins like green peppers or even green chilis. The possibilities are endless! The Test Kitchen
1 lbground sausage
1/2 mdyellow onion
16 ozpakage cubed frozen potatoes
1/2 lbbacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cMexican blend shredded cheese
How to Make Sausage Skillet Supper
- In a nonstick or cast iron skillet, brown up bacon pieces. Drain, but reserve 3 Tablespoons of bacon drippings. Set aside.
- To bacon drippings, add the whole bag of broken up bag of frozen potatoes and chopped onion. Stir until potatoes are browned and onion is translucent. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, brown sausage. Add sausage to potato-onion mixture. Add bacon. Stir until combined.
- Evenly spread out mixture in skillet. Make 6 wells in potato mixture. Break 1 egg in each well. Cover and cook on low until eggs are set, about 8 min.
- Uncover and sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon. Cover again until cheese is melted.