3 cgranulated sugar
8 ozcream cheese
3 1/3 cplain flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
How to Make Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cream the butter, sugar and cheese together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Beat well.
- Add flour & baking powder to this mixture. Yes, I know it's "backwards". TRUST ME!
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each.
- Don't be vigorous; mix it just enough to blend in the egg yolks.
- Spoon into a greased tube pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes, then invert the cake onto a serving dish and remove the tube pan.
- If you wait too long, it will stick.