There are many ways to prepare pork chops – baked, fried or one of our favorite ways in the air fryer. Air fried? You can fry food with air? Yes!
Not familiar with an air fryer? It is best described as a countertop convection oven. It is called an air fryer because similar to the way a traditional fryer submerges food in hot oil to cook, an air fryer submerges food in hot air to cook. The heating element and the fan inside the unit swirl hot air around the food cooking it rapidly and crisping the outside. Very little oil is necessary to cook the food.
Thanks to the magic of the air fryer, this recipe will make your pork chops crunchy, juicy, packed with flavor and not the least bit greasy. The air fryer gives the pork chops the texture of a fried pork chop in a healthier way.
These pork chops are so quick and easy to prepare, they could be served with a casual weeknight meal. The flavor profile and juicy texture, though, make them so impressive they can be served at a fine dinner party. Once you try these air fried pork chops, you’ll never fry them the traditional way again.
- 4 pork chops, 5 oz each (boneless preferred)
- 1 1/2 c Italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Instructions for Air Fried Pork Chops
1. Wash the pork chops.
2. Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel.
3. Place pork chops in a resealable container and pour buttermilk over the pork chops. Let them soak for 30 minutes to an hour.
4. In a flat dish, mix the Panko crumbs and Parmesan.
5. Take pork chop out and let the buttermilk drip off.
6. Sprinkle the pork chops, evenly, with the salt and pepper.
7. One at a time, place the pork chops into the Panko mixture. Then cover each pork chop with the crumbs. Firmly press the crumbs so they stick to the pork chop very well. Set the breaded chops on a pan, lined with parchment paper, until ready to air fry.
8. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
9. Remove the preheated air fryer basket and lightly spray with olive oil spray.
10. Place the pork chops in the basket. Lightly spray the tops of the pork chops with olive oil spray. (Don’t overcrowd the basket. The pork chops can be close together just make sure they do not touch. If you have a small air fryer, the chops will need to be air fried in batches.)
11. Air fry the pork chops at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
12. Then, carefully open the air fryer and flip the pork chops.
13. Lightly spray the tops of the pork chops with olive oil spray.
14. Cook for another 6 minutes.
15. Carefully remove the pork chops from the air fryer. Let them cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack while the juices redistribute.
16. These are flavorful, crispy, and tender pork chops. Click here to save this recipe to your Recipe Box.