How to Make a Roast Chicken With Lemon
- 5-6 lb chicken
- Kitchen twine
- Cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
- 1/4 c extra light tasting olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 lemons, sliced into wedges
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped into chunks
- 1 sprig of basil
How to Make a No Fuss Roasted Chicken1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees. Remove the chicken from the wrapper. Also, remove giblets and extra fat in the cavity of the chicken.
2. Rinse the chicken.
3. Pat chicken dry, inside and out.
4. Gently run two fingers under the skin, separating the skin from the chicken breast.
5. Mix the olive oil, lemon pepper, dried basil, kosher salt, and chopped garlic in a small bowl.
6. Rub the chicken with the seasonings, inside and out, making sure to get under the skin.
7. Stuff the chicken with the lemon wedges, chopped onion, and a basil sprig. Depending on the size of the cavity, you may not use all the lemons and onion.
8. Truss the chicken. To truss a chicken, tie together the drumsticks. Then fold back the wings.
9. Place chicken in a roasting pan sprayed with cooking spray. Roast the chicken at 425 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
10. After 90 minutes, remove the roasted chicken from the oven.
11. Cover with a tented piece of foil. Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes to redistribute the juices.
12. Remove the foil and cut the kitchen twine.
13. Place the chicken on a serving platter and enjoy.