Pinterest Pass or Fail: Chocolate Graduation Cap Pops
What You'll Need
- Multi-color sour candy belts, like Airheads Belts
- Miniature peanut butter cups, like Reese's
- Mini chocolate squares, like Ghirardelli
- Chocolate almond bark or candy melts
- Miniature chocolate candies, like M&M's
- Lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- Wrapping paper
- A nail
1. Gather the supplies.
2. Freeze the miniature peanut butter cups for about 10 minutes.
3. Wrap a styrofoam rectangle with wrapping paper. Poke holes through the paper wrapped box with a nail. It made it easier to insert the sticks and kept the paper from ripping too. The number of holes should be a number of pops you are making.
4. Break the chocolate into squares. We used Ghirardelli Salted Caramel and Almond squares. They were a perfect size.
5. Cut the candy belt into small strips. These will be used for the tassels.
6. Unwrap the frozen peanut butter cups. Freezing them will make them easier to unwrap and the chocolate won't melt as quickly from warm fingers.
7. Melt almond bark in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds or until melted. This will be your glue.
8. Grab a lollipop stick, dip it into the melted almond bark and insert into the peanut butter cup. Be careful when inserting the stick, though. A few of ours split (we ate those as a snack).
9. Place each stick into the wrapped styrofoam rectangle to dry.
10. Add a drop of melted almond bark to the top the peanut butter cup. Lay the chocolate square on top.
11. Next, using a bit of melted bark, affix the candy belt strips to the chocolate square. We decided to split the ends of the candy to really make it look like a tassel.
12. Squeeze a bit of chocolate on the tassel and top with a miniature chocolate candy. Let dry.