Pinterest Pass or Fail: Spring Flower Pretzel Bites
What were the results? A resounding Pinterest pass. These adorable gems take a little time to make but once you get the hang of it, they're a snap... and quite tasty too!
What You'll Need
- 1 bag Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- 1 bag pretzel snaps (mini square shaped pretzels)
- 1 bag M&M's
- A microwaveable plate
How ToSeparate the M&M's by color. This will help you see how many of each color there are when creating flowers.
Arrange pretzels on the plate in a single layer. Top each pretzel with a candy melt. Microwave pretzels for about 50 seconds to soften the candy melt. The candy should not be runny, just soft to the touch.
Place an M&M (with the M&M logo face down) in the center of the candy melt to create a flower center.
Place 6 additional M&M's around center M&M to create petals.
Continue until the entire bag of M&M's is used.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Use any color M&M's you'd like. The Easter ones are a pretty pastel color perfect for spring.
- Do not use nut or stuffed M&M's. Since the M&M itself is a different shape the end result will look different.
- Have fun with the color combinations. By separating the M&M's, it allows you to see how many of each color are in the bag.
- The candy melt does get hot. On our first attempt, we found the M&M shell cracked a bit. Let the candy melt sit for about 45-60 seconds before placing the M&M.
- They take a while to set up. If you want these to set fast, place them in in the fridge.