Pinterest Pass or Fail: Peeps S'mores Dip
Kat and Melinda at Home Made Interest came up with something pretty awesome when they shared their Easter Peep's S'mores Dip. We loved the adorable Peep addition making a traditional s'mores dip fun and festive. And, the combination of white and dark chocolate is super yummy.
There seriously won't be a peep from anyone as they dive into this delicious dessert.
What You'll Need
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 3 packages of Peeps, assorted colors or one color
- Graham crackers
You'll Also Need
- An oven-proof skillet or baking dish
How ToGather the ingredients and preheat the oven to 400 F.
Add white chocolate chips into the pan. Top with the dark chocolate chips.
Place Peeps on top of the chocolate.
Put skillet into the oven for 5-7 minutes until the Peeps get slightly toasted.
Dip needs to cool for 5 minutes before eating. This also lets the chocolate get nice and melted.
Graham crackers are the perfect s'mores dippers.
Or, scoop out a bit of the dip and sandwich between two graham crackers.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Depending on your oven, you may need to cook the dip a few minutes longer so the Peeps are toasty and the chips melt.
- Assorted colors look pretty, but you could use a single color too.
- If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, a decorative pie place would work great.
- Kat and Melinda used dark and white chocolate chips, but adjust to suit your taste buds. Use semi-sweet chips with the white chocolate instead of dark chocolate. Combine semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips. Or, just use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips alone. We wouldn't use only white chocolate chips, though. You need the chocolate flavor for s'mores.
- For s'mores dip, graham crackers are the obvious dipping choice. But you can also dip items like vanilla wafers, shortbread cookies, or whatever your heart desires.