7 Tips for Black Friday Shopping
So what about you? Are you planning to brave the crowds this year? Looking to score a cheap price on a big-ticket item or some significant savings on your holiday shopping list?
If so, here are some Black Friday shopping tips for scoring the best deals while avoiding big stress!
1. Make a Game PlanEvery Black Friday veteran knows that the best deals come to those who research. So before you hit the malls, study the ads for the holiday. Are you looking for a certain item? Compare its prices at different retailers. Did you see a good price advertised at one store? Check around to see if anyone else is doing something better. When you know what you’re looking for, you have a better chance of finding it.
2. Think Outside the BoxIt’s not just the mall that has great Black Friday pricing. Be sure to think outside the box by looking at drugstores like CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid, too. Everything from toiletries to gift cards can be discounted.
3. Tune Into Your Favorite BrandsIf you know you love a certain store or brand, follow it on social media and subscribe to email alerts. When exclusive previews or deals are available, you’ll be in the know.
4. Get an AppDownload a Black Friday app that can aggregate deals for you by category, store, date and more. This can help you save time while still knowing about the best prices.
5. Fuel Up with FoodEven when you’re scoring great savings, you’re bound to get tired after hours at the stores. So save yourself frustration by fueling up ahead of time with a nutritious breakfast that will keep you going strong for hours. Likewise, bring along snacks that you can grab while you’re out without needing to stop.
6. Double UpEverybody knows shopping’s more fun with a friend. Bringing a buddy means bringing someone you can talk to, get advice from and partner with you to cover more territory. When the lines are long, one of you can wait in line while the other shops.
7. Go OnlineWhen all else fails, stay home on Black Friday and shop the cyber deals. Some retailers offer big online savings for the holiday, not to mention temporary doorbuster deals on their websites.
As an added bonus tip, when you’re faced with an impulse purchase on sale for Black Friday, have a predetermined rule to guide your decision. Maybe you set a max budget of what you can spend, or maybe you only buy something if it’s at least 40% lower than retail price. Whatever the case, having that idea in your head could help you buy only the items you’ll be glad you did. Happy shopping!