Butter Bean Veggie Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- red onion, chopped
- celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp
- red chili flakes
- 14 ounce can dices tomaotes with liquid
- 14 ouce can of butter beans or white beans
- large handful of basil leaves (about 1 cup) finely chopped
- large collard green leaves de-stemmed and chopped finely
- 4 c
- juice from half of a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- dried thyme
1Heat a soup pot with the olive oil on medium heat. Once hot add the onion, celery, a pinch of salt and pepper. Let it cook down for about 10 minutes or until soft.
2Add tomatoes (with juice), red pepper flakes, thyme and beans. Let it come to a low simmer. Add water and turn on medium high and let come to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
3Taste to see if more salt or pepper needs to be added. Now add collard greens and fresh basil. Stir and let cook for 10 minutes. Add the lemon juice before serving.