Comforting Cabbage-Sausage Stew
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- (13.5 oz) polish kielbasa fully smoked sausage (i used johnsonville)**
- 1 large
- vidalia (or other sweet) onion, sliced into rings, and halved again
- carrots, peeled and shredded with a vegetable peeler
- 1 small
- head of cabbage, coarsley shredded, or coarsley sliced.
- 1 can(s)
- (28 oz) peeled tomatoes, with juice
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt (or o suit taste)
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper (or to suit taste)
** THE SAUSAGE I USED CAME WITH 2 LENGTHS IN A PACKAGE. CUT EACH LENGTH DOWN THE MIDDLE (LENGTH-WISE); SLICE INTO 1-INCH PIECES.
1Heat Olive Oil in skillet over medium heat. Add Onions, Carrots and Cabbage. Stir to coat vegetables well with oil. Add the cut Sausage. Then add garlic salt and pepper to taste, and stir.
2Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes,until crisp-tender, or to desired doneness.
3Cut tomatoes into fourths; add tomatoes and juice. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.