Atkins Friendly Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 c
- coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 c
- chicken stock (look hard enough and you can find a 0 carb broth)
- 2 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1-2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic (or more if you like)
- 2 Tbsp
- cornstarch (or less depending on how thick you like the soup)
- kosher salt, and pepper to taste
- med onion minced
- 2 Tbsp
1Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is soft.
2Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, and broccoli. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 45 mins or until broccoli is soft.
3Next, add heavy cream... then add the shredded cheddar. Mix well, if you would like to thicken it up turn up the heat and add a tablespoon of cornstarch. Stir constantly for a few minutes. Still not thick enough? Add another tablespoon or so to reach desired consistency.