Rosemary Chili-Lime Squash
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- butternut squash
- 2 Tbsp
- melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
- lime juice
1Peel the squash, then slice into 1/2" rounds.
Preheat oven to 400*.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
2In a large mixing bowl combine the melted coconut oil and olive oil with the herbs, chili powder, salt and pepper.
3Toss the squash rounds in the seasoning mixture until well coated.
Allow to rest in the bowl 30-60 min.
4Place the squash rounds in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
Bake 20-30 minutes until fork tender.
5Drizzle with lime juice, and garnish with rosemary sprig, if desired.
1) Prep time does not include resting time
2) If you don't want to use coconut oil, you can substitute butter/ghee, or just double the amount of olive oil -- it will still be tasty :)
3) To make weeknight dinner easier, you can easily prepare the squash ahead of time, and refrigerate in a zip-top bag until you're ready. Be sure to add a few extra minutes baking time, if you do.
4) Save time and energy by baking at same time as meat!
5) I like to serve this with my Green Chili Turkey Meatballs.