Simply Rustic Greens
Bagged pre-washed greens of your choice make this so easy.
I use raw sugar because it cuts through any bitterness of the greens without adding too much sweetness.
You can use water or broth for steaming/wilting. I use water.
I have served this as a main dish with corn bread and as a side with fish. A family crowd pleaser.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- small amount of oil for sautéing
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 1+ lb
- ham, roughly diced
- 1 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 lb
- washed collard or other greens, can use mixed. roughly chopped, hard stems removed
- up to a cup of water or preferred broth, as needed
- raw sugar or sweetener, i used about 2 tsp, use more or less depending on type of greens and sweetener used
- seasoning mix of choice, to taste. i used a large pinch of creole
Add ham and heat through.
Stir in vinegar and red pepper flakes. Continue to cook for a few minutes.