Warm you up beef stew w/ root veggies
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1-1/2 lb
- angus beef stew meat. angus beef is the most tender meat.
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh, crushed rosemary
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- white onion, cut into 3/4" pieces
- 1 lb
- fresh parsnips, cut into 1-1/2"-long pieces
- 14-1/2 oz can whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 1 pkg
- or envelope of dry beef onion soup mix
- 1 lb
- sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-1/4"-pieces
- 1-1/2 c
- frozen peas
1In lg bowl, toss cubed stew meat with 1/2 tbsp rosemary and pepper. In lg stew pot, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add beef and cook, turning occasionally until all sides are browned. Transfer meat w/ spoon into a set aside bowl.
2Add remaining oil to pot. Heat over medium. Stir in onion and parsnips. Cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Add beef, tomatoes with the juice, 1 cup water, beef onion soup mix and remaining rosemary.
3Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 2 hrs or until veggies are tender, adding the sweet potatoes the last 45 mins of cooking time. Add frozen peas the last 10 mins of cook time. Stir once in awhile the whole time it's cooking, but don't over stir, you want the ingredients to meld nicely.