Fireman Bob's Roasted Spicy Salsa my way....
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 to 10 large
- beef steak tomatoes - seeded -skins removed - chopped fine
- 2 c
- red onion - chopped fine
- 2 large
- jalapeno peppers - roasted - chopped fine
- 30 clove
- garlic - roasted - mashed
- 1 bunch
- cilantro - stems removed - chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tsp
- smoked cumin
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper - or to taste
- 1 tsp
- course sea salt - or to taste
- 1/4 c
- fresh lime juice
- zest from limes
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt
1Begin by drizzling the oil over the onions, jalapeno peppers, and garlic, then roast for 40 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
2Combine tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, cayenne, salt and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Then add the cooled onions, jalapenos, and garlic. Stir till mixed completely.
3Place in a food processor and blend till desired constancy.
4Place entire mixture in a large pan and bring to a boil for 3 minutes, then simmer for an additional 45 minutes.
5Just before serving, Stir in the Lime Juice and Lime zest.
6Enjoy this Salsa Cold. Serving with your favorite chips or crusty bread...