Classic Tuna Pasta Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1lb (454g) box, large pasta shells, i use barilla large shells n.93
- medium onion, chopped
- stalks celery, chopped
- sweet pickle slices, cut in half then in half again
- 1- 1 1/2 c
- mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 2-4 Tbsp
- bread and butter pickle juice
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp
- celery seed
- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- sunny spain seasoning, (see note)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 can(s)
- starkist solid white albacore tuna in water - 12 oz can
Cook the pasta shells according to package directions, in salted water.
In a large bowl combine, mixing together the onion, parsley, tuna, celery and pickles.
Add the cooked, drained, rinsed and cooled macaroni.
In a small bowl combine mixing well, Miracle Whip, pickle juice, Sunny Spain Seasoning, celery seed, salt and pepper. Taste the dressing before adding to noodle mixture, and adjust the seasonings, pickle juice, or Miracle Whip to your taste.
Fold in the dressing into the pasta mixture until well mixed. Chill for at least 2 hours for best flavor.
Sunny Spain Seasoning is a Salt-Free Lemon-Pepper. Perfect for fish and chicken, vegetables and salads. Salt-free blends are strong, start with less. It Sunny Spain Seasoning is hand-mixed from: black pepper, citric acid, lemon peel, garlic and onion. Sunny Spain Seasoning can be purchased on line at: penzeys.com, or call toll-free: 1-800-741-7787