You can substitute any solid butter for the shea butter and coconut oil, and also any liquid oil for the almond oil.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- shea butter (or cocoa butter, or mango butter, or any combination)
- 1/2 c
- coconut oil (it is considered a solid in this recipe, so substitute shea butter or something similar in case of allergy)
- 1/2 c
- almond oil (olive, grapeseed, apricot, avocado, etc can be substituted)
- drops - essential oils of your choice. any combination and add to desired scent (for mine, i used lavender, orange, cedarwood, frankincense for calming)
1Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler until melted.
2Cool for about 30 minutes.
3Stir in almond oil.
4Add essential oils to desired scent and mix well.
5Stick in fridge until partially solidified.
6scrape sides of bowl and whip with hand mixer until it takes on a butter consistency.
1. Lasts roughly 6 months.
2. Does not need to be refrigerated, but it will melt in warmer temps, so keep in a cooler area of your house.