Find more of Silvana Nardone's recipes at: www.dishtoweldiaries.com
Shelly Anne: I've not yet made this recipe, but have made my own pizza sauce I will post, (adding garlic powder, basil, oregano to tomato sauce, if this is your choice). For toppings, I like adding raw vegies, turkey pep. as you might incld with this one. What is quick is using pita bread if not choosing gluten-free dough.
- 1/2 c
- pizza sauce (here in my kitchen recipe's posted)
- 1 tsp
- expellor-pressed ev olive oil; plus more for brushing
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- perfect pizza crusts (see accompanying recipe) or store bought gluten- free crust
- crushed pepper flakes, to taste
- slices of pepperoni, about 4 ounces, (or more)
- 2/3 c
- provolone cheese, or cheese or choice
Working with one pizza at a time, brush dough w/ olive oil, sprinkle w/ red pepper flakes, and spoon on about 3 to 4 tbsp sauce mixture, leaving a 1/2 inch border of plain crust.
Bake until the crust is golden and the pepperoni is crisp, about 8 minutes; less if crust was parbaked (or pita bread) Repeat with remaining dough and toppings of choice.