Easy night crockpot pork, apples and veggies
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3-4 lb
- boneless sirloin pork chops, 1-1/2"-thick
- 3 c
- applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp
- apple pie spice, or a mix of cinnamon, crushed cloves and nutmeg
- 6 small
- red potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 4 large
- carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 c
- frozen white pearl onions
- 2 large
- tart apples like grannysmith, peeled, cored, sliced thin
1Remove any fat from the pork chops. Cut pork into chunks. In medium bowl, combine applesauce and spice(s). Add applesauce and spices to crock-pot.
2Add pork chunks into crock-pot. Cover and cook on medium for 10 mins. reduce heat to low and cook for about 4 hrs. 1-1/2 hrs before serving add potatoes, carrots and onions. Stir to mix.
315 mins before serving add apple slices. Remove meat when done and place on platter. Place veggies around the pork. Place apple slices on top of pork. Pour about 1 cup applesauce, ( from the crock-pot,) over all ingredients on the platter.Serve remaining applesauce on the side. Meat should be fork tender!