Cabbage with Apples and Pork
This recipe is made of things I had in my refrigerator and put together to make this delicious dish...any leftover cooked, diced or scrambled meat can be used. You can also use red or green cooked, then measured al dente cabbage chopped .
Your choice of apples too..these I used - were ready to go.....Hope you try this. My crew did...
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 2 medium
- gala apples, sliced in wedges ,skin on
- 3 slice
- white onion,separated into rings
- 1 c
- cooked pork ribs or any other cooked leftover meat
- 2 c
- chopped,cooked red cabbage-can use green
- 1 Tbsp
- seasoned rice wine vinegar,or to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- ground allspice
- S & P
- to taste
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and pork, cook 2 minutes, stirring once in a while.