Old fashioned Hobo dinner
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- lean hamburger at least 80% / 20%
- 5 medium
- potatoes (any kind is fine) peeled & sliced
- 1 medium
- yellow or white onion (sliced)
- 2 medium
- zucchini squash (cleaned and sliced)
- 2 large
- yellow squash (cleaned & sliced)
- 2 medium
- heads of broccoli (cleaned & sliced)
- 4 - 5 Tbsp
- butter (unsalted) or margerine cut in cubes
- salt & pepper to taste
1Pre heat oven to 400 degree.
First I get a heavy duty aluminum foil and make 2 sheets where they cross each other in the middle. (to make it larger than a regular sheet). Place a good portion of hamburger, in a patty, approx. 7 to 9 inches in diameter and about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick, on the foil. Salt & pepper to taste.
5Bake at 400 degrees for approx. an hour. Check it at 45 minutes and see it the potatoes are soft. The meat should be done if it is not too thick of a patty. The juice is what is great with this meal it is the best tasting veggies ever. And you just dump it onto a plate and enjoy it. Throw the aluminum foil away. And not much left to clean up too.