Fireman Bob's Fired Up Pot Roast my way
A Pot Roast is " Comfort Food ".
This will be a regular on the Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday Dinner Table!!!!
The Guys always loved this one every time I made it...
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 lb
- boneless beef pot roast with fat cap
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes or to taste
- 12 clove
- garlic - whole
- 1 small
- jalpeno pepper - diced fine (optional)
- 1/2 lb
- mushrooms sliced - your choice
- 4 large
- russet potatoes - cut into quarter pieces
- 1/2 lb
- carrots cut into 2 inch pieces or baby carrots
- 1 jar(s)
- fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 bunch
- flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 large
- yellow onion - cut into quarter pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can(s)
- beef broth
1Coat a 7-quart slow cooker or Large Dutch Oven with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Make 1/2 inch slits about 1 inch deep in the roast with a knife, " Hide " the garlic cloves inside these slits.
2Place roast in slow cooker.
3Arrange mushrooms, potatoes, jalapeno pepper, and carrots around beef. Place the fire roasted tomatoes over beef and vegetables.
Pour beef broth in.
4Cover, cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours at 195 degrees or until beef is tender.
5Serve beef and vegetables with sauce from slow cooker.
Garnish with parsley.