Greek Creamy Lemon Meatballs (aka avgolemono)
This is the best down home food comfort...
I'm constantly looking for creamy and delicious without the added "fat", are you like that too? I'm trying to keep it real and waist/heart healthy!! More often than not, I revert back to my Greek roots. Hey they say the Mediterrean diet is the best in the world regarding heart health right? I guess they know what their talking about!!! ;-)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ground beef (i used turkey)
- 1 small
- onion diced fine (or 3 green onions diced fine, i used the latter)
- 1 1/4 c
- uncooked long grain rice (or whatever you have on hand)
- 1 tsp
- dried dill
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- granulated garlic (garlic powder)
- egg separated (yolk from egg white)
- juice of 1 lemon or 1/3 cup bottled
- pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley chopped fine *optional*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- chicken base (stock)
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
When you have finished making your meatballs, in a large non stick skillet, add your olive oil, let heat and add your meatballs.
Gather your very simple ingredients!
Juice your lemon, separate your egg. How simple can that be???
Now that you have separated your egg white from yolk, I want you take a whisk and beat the living daylights out of the eggwhite... till it's nice and frothy and creamy looking!! I don't want you to make it "meringue", we need it frothy....