CHUNKY WHITE MEAT CHICKEN SALAD
Rose Mary Mogan
You can make a salad with a whole chicken as I have done on many occassions, but when pressed for time, the canned variety really does come in handy. The addition of the DiJon mustard adds lots of extra flavor.
My husband had his on Hamburger Buns, & I had mine with crackers, you can add tomato slices, flat pickles,& sliced onions for a heartier lunch. It's quick & easy
- 1 can(s)
- 12 1/2 oz. chunky white meat chicken breast, drained
- 5 medium
- gherkin pickles, chopped
- 1/2 medium
- onion, grated
- 1/4 c
- dijon mustard
- 1 c
- mayonnaise, or less if desired
- 4 large
- eggs, room temperature, (boiled & chopped)
- 1/2 tsp
- coarse grated black pepper
- 1 medium
- lemon, quartered
- lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped green onion tops, optional
- assorted crackers or bread of your choice
Note: I find that if eggs are allowed to come to room temperature before you boil them they are much easier to peel.
Add DiJon mustard.
Note: Grating onion instead of chopping allows you to have the flavor of onions without the big chunky pieces.