~ Blackened Chicken / Southwestern Salad ~
If you like salads and blackened chicken, you will love this salad. So good!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 medium
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts - pounded with a meat mallet to thin some
- 1 Tbsp
- each - paprika and sugar
- 4 tsp
- dried thyme
- 2 tsp
- each - onion powder, garlic powder and kosher salt
- 1 tsp
- each - cayenne and oregano - if not wanting as spicy, cut down on cayenne
- 1 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 - 5 c
- sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 c
- each - black beans, drained and rinsed & frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 c
- diced, red bell pepper
- 4 oz
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slice
- bacon, cooked and chopped or crumbled
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- thin sliced sweet onion
- flour tortilla's cut into 3 inch strips and fried until crisp in a skillet with oil, drain
- avocado, sliced
- 1 c
- your favorite ranch dressing - i used kraft
- 3 Tbsp
- taco seasoning
BLACKENING FOR THE CHICKEN
Prepare chicken: Mix all spice together in a small bowl. Pound chicken to thin some. Sprinkle seasoning on each side of chicken, making sure its thoroughly coated.
In a skillet cover bottom with oil, over med high heat, Once smoking, add chicken and cook on one side for 5 minutes, turn and cook for 5 minutes longer. Place on a sheet pan and place in oven, cook until juiced run clear, about 15 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice each breast.
Prepare salad while chicken cooks.
On each plate measure out 1 cup or more lettuce. Add desired onion slices. Sprinkle each with even amount of cheese. Place 3 mounds per plate around the edge of lettuce with bean mixture.
Place 8 halves of tomato around the edge of each salad.
Sprinkle each with even amount of bacon.
Top each salad with a sliced chicken breast.
Add to the side or on top of chicken, a couple avocado slices. Sprinkle with fried tortilla chips. Serve with dressing.