Wonton Dessert Appetizers
This recipe is to help you use up leftover desserts;such as cake, cupcakes, fudge, pie, custards, pudding, cheesecake,fresh fruit,canned fruit..etc...
- 12 Tbsp
- leftover dessert ,more or less
- wonton wrappers, more or less
- oil for frying, enough to cover wonton to fry
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- coconut cream or other flavored cream
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c
- chocolate chips to compliment the dessert( butterscotch. milk or dark chocolate or peanut butter chips or white)
COCONUT CARAMEL DIPPING SAUCE:
In each wonton wrapper place 1 Tablespoon of leftover dessert of choice, wet the edges with water and fold into desired wonton shape.
Heat oil to 350^ and carefully place filled wontons into oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
Heat sugar over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. As soon as the sugar begins to melt, stir quickly with a wooden spoon. When it comes to a boil, stop stirring and add sweetened condensed milk and chocolate of choice.
Whisk until the caramel is smooth. Let cool in pan for a couple of minutes before pouring it into serving dish. Serve with wonton desserts.