Maraschino Cherry Ambrosia
I bring this to to many gatherings & have learned to bring copies of the recipe to put next to the bowl.
Its ridiculously easy to make.
If you're not a maraschino cherry fan, just leave them out.
- 20 oz
- can crushed pineapple [drained]
- 15 oz
- fruit cocktail, in heavy syrup [delmonte brand works best]
- 16 oz
- sour cream
- 32 oz
- 2 bags [16 oz each] shredded coconut
- 21 oz
- 2 bags [10.5 each] miniature marshmallows
- 2 lb
- 2 jars [1 lb each] maraschino cherries in heavy syrup
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar to taste
- vanilla to taste
- 15 oz
- canned mandarin oranges [drained]
Place in something large to mix. I use my large crock pot or my turkey pan.
Cut cherries in half and add to mixture.
heavy whipping cream
powdered sugar [to taste]
vanilla [to taste]
Use mixer. Mix until it hardens and forms whipped cream. Be patient. It WILL happen...
Fold whipped cream into mixture.