Old Recipes from: Nantucket Island Cook Book
Scallops A LA King; Eel Trifle; Codfish Tongue Melzer; Convent Pie; Fluffy Bannock; Flannel Cakes; Mr. Lunchbox; Cheeseless Cheese Cake; Nantucket Cranberry Dumplings; Sea Moss Farina; Pineapple Mallobet.
We found this cookbook and one other in our attic, among things from his mom's house stored up there after she passed away. His mother was born on Nantucket, and came to Martha's Vineyard after graduating from college and for her first teaching job. I've enjoyed another cookbook called "From The Galleys Of Nantucket" also.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- scallops,butter, flour,green pepper,fresh mushrooms and milk.
- eels; fat pork, onions, water, sliced potatoes.
- codfish tongues,pork, onion,potatoes and water.
- cooked spaghetti,milk, bread crumbs, butter, pimento, salt, onion juice, 3 eggs, grated cheese.
- white meal,sugar, salt,milk, 4 eggs.
SCALLOPS A LA KING
CODFISH TONGUE MELZERE