Ultimate Carrot Cake
- 21.41 oz
- duncan hines decadent classic cake, cake mix (don’t use the dried carrots & raisins pkg. inside the box)
- 1 tsp
- 4 large
- eggs, (i remove the chalaza of each yolk)
- 11/2 c
- finely shredded carrots
- 1 c
- golden raisins
- 1 1/4 c
- liquid, reserved pineapple liquid and water combined to equal 1 1/4 cups liquid (sometimes instead of water, i replace it with either milk, pineapple juice, or natural apple juice).
- 4 oz
- melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 c
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 oz
- crushed pineapple, drained, reserving the juice
* In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, nuts raisins and crushed pineapple, mix to blend together.
* In a larger mixing bowl, combine cake mix (DO NOT USING THE DRIED RAISINS & CARROTS), and cinnamon, mixing to evenly combine.
1 1/2 pounds confectioners’ sugar
12 ouncescream cheese, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tsps. Fresh lemon peel
2 tbsps. Fresh lemon juice
* Refrigerated until your ready to frost the completely cooled cake. Frost cake using an offset spatula.