"Taste of Summer" Banana Split Cake
Cindy Smith Bryson
You will have to add your chilling time to the prep time. Trust me, it will be worth it....
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chocolate cookie crust to fit ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch dish. i have used chocolate graham cracker and chocolate animal cracker crumbs. any crushed chocolate cookie should work.
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 c
- confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- real vanilla extract
- 3 large
- bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices (soak in drained pineapple juice to keep from turning brown)
- 2 can(s)
- (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 qt
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 c
- heavy cream, cold
- 1/4 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 c
- walnuts, chopped
1Press chocolate cookie crust into ungreased dish. Chill for one hour.
2In a bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust; chill for 30 minutes.
3Layer with bananas, pineapple and strawberries.
4Using a chilled metal bowl (works best for whipping cream, a chilled beater helps also), beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over fruit. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving.