Quiche Sherry's Way
My absolute favorite is simple......Spinach and Guyerre Cheese with a tiny bit of bacon on the bottom. Use left-over chicken and green chile, sun dried tomatoes and basil, anything goes with quiche.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pie shells
- eggs, beaten
- 2 c
- half and half
- sea salt
- 4 slice
- bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/4 c
- red onion, diced fine
- 1 c
- crab or ham or any veg you want (i like spinach)
- 1 c
- sliced mushrooms, sauteed lightly in butter with a pinch of basil, sweet marjoram and oregano
- 1 c
- artichoke bottoms drained and diced
- 1 c
- grated cheese (your choice: havarti dill works great with a fish ingredient, swiss is one of my favs but cheddar or jack is also good.)
- paprika to color
- a good pinch of thyme crushed between your fingers over the top
1Line your pie dish with a crust.
2Next, put in the crumbled bacon, onion, crab OR ham OR any veg you want. Add the mushrooms, artichokes (zucchini, broccoli, spinach, anything goes...)
3Top with grated cheese. I have used many different cheeses. You know what you like. Gouda, feta, Havarti, even goat cheese works.
4Stir together the wet ingredients and pour over the top of your quiche. I like to gently massage the wet into the dry, just briefly before putting into the oven.
5The last thing to do is sprinkle a light dusting of paprika and crushing thyme between your fingers all over the top.
6Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Turn the oven down to 300 and bake for another 40 minutes or until the center comes out clean when penetrated with a sharp knife. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting to serve, or cool completely, then cover in foil or freeze to reheat later.