Basil Mint Bruschetta Mozzarella
PLEASE SHARE YOUR FAMILY AND FOOD TRADITIONS, and Accompanying Recipes, with the "Family and Food Traditions-Sharing JOY on the Journey" Just a Pinch Group, and "JOY on the Journey" on facebook!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ripe tomatoes, chopped. (i use delmonte petite cut if tomatoes are not juicy and fully ripened.)
- 1/4 c
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c
- tightly packed minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- finely chopped mint
- 1 clove
- minced garlic
- green onions chopped (or other diced onion)
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded mozzarella
- baguettes (instead, i use whole wheat sub rolls)
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Cut bread as you desire. I like to split the sub rolls lengthwise (instead of in slices) and place them cut side up on a foil lined baking sheet. Spread tomato mixture on bread and top with cheese. Bake in upper half of oven for 5-7 minutes, until cheese melts and bread edges brown. Cut into slices for appetizers.
I sometimes add black beans, to the mixture just before putting it on the bread for "Black Bean Bruschetta" or I add ham to make it a little heartier.