Best Sushi Hand Rolls
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 10 toasted nori sheets cut in half
- 7 oz
- 200 g) sliced smoked salmon
- 24 cold cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cucumber peeled, deseeded and cut into 3-inch strips.
- 2 avocados peeled and cut into strips
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 2 scallions, green part only cut into 3-inch pieces.
1PREPARE the sushi rice and the filling ingredients.
2In this case we're using smoked salmon, shrimp, avocado, cucumber, scallions and grated carrot. LAY a halved nori sheet shiny side down on a large plate.
3Using moistened hands, place a ping pong ball sized amount of the rice on the right side of the nori sheet, then flatten down slightly.
4SMEAR a small amount of wasabi diagonally across the rice (be sparing with wasabi, it's hot!).
5PLACE your chosen filling ingredients diagonally on top of the rice so they point towards the bottom right corner of the nori. (Be sure not to overfill your roll.)
6FOLD the top right corner of the nori over the rice and filling ingredients. PICK the hand roll up and wrap the left side of the nori tightly around the rice and fillings to form a cone shape, leaving a small flap.
7MOISTEN the flap of nori with water and seal the cone. Leave the rolls for a minute or two before eating to let the rice and fillings soften the nori.
8Enjoy the full recipe with details @ goo.gl/Rf7vua