Pimento Cheese (Great Grandma Salzer's)
We like it at room temperature and use as a spread or a dip, but it makes a nice grilled cheese, or is great broiled!
We serve with different types of vegetables, breads, crackers, chips, pretzels, toasts, bagels... it is all good!
You can add more or less of the ingredients... you can even add other ingredients!
My mother use to cut the crusts off the bread and make little "tea sandwiches" when I was ill and we had our special alone times together.
Play with your food! xo
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded (extra sharp)
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 box
- (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c
- mayonnaise dressing
- 1 - 3 tsp
- horseradish (optional - to taste)
- 1 Tbsp
- pickle relish (optional)
- 2 jar(s)
- (4 ounces each) pimentos, drained and diced
- 1/4 tsp
- each: ground ginger, ground cayenne powder
- 1 tsp
- each: black pepper, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder