Sweet and Tangy Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. Chicken wings (16 / 20)
- 8 oz. Cola
- 12 oz. Bottled chili sauce
- 1/4 C. Orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Coriander
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 3 Tbs. Chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Sweet and Tangy Chicken Wings
- 1In medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine cola, chili sauce, orange juice, cumin, coriander, and garlic.
Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
Boil and reduce until sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Preheat broiler and arrange rack about four inches from heat. Place wings on broiler or baking pan covered with aluminum foil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven and broil 6 minutes; turn and broil for another 6 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Turn off broiler and heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Pour sauce over wings, tossing until well-coated, (It's important to baste with sauce only during the last 15 minutes of cooking. Cooking sauce too long will make spices bitter). Place tray with wings in oven and bake 35 minutes or until wings are tender and register 165 degrees F when tested with meat thermometer.
- 3To serve, remove wings to platter and sprinkle with parsley.