Summer Squash and Red Quinoa Salad with Walnuts Recipe | Epicurious.com
- 1/2 cup red or other quinoa, rinsed in a fine-mesh sieve, drained
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- 1 pound assorted summer squash
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan plus 1/4 cup shaved with a peeler
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
How to Make Summer Squash and Red Quinoa Salad with Walnuts Recipe | Epicurious.com
- 1Bring quinoa and 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 2Season with salt, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until quinoa is tender but not mushy, saucepan.
- 3Cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
Uncover; fluff with a fork and let cool.
- 4Cut squash into 1/8"-thick slices, some lengthwise and some crosswise. Transfer to a large bowl, season with 2 teaspoons salt, and toss to coat.
- 5Let sit until slightly wilted, about 15 minutes.
- 6Rinse under cold water and drain well. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 7Whisk grated Parmesan, zest, juice, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- 8Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- 9Combine squash, quinoa, parsley, walnuts, and basil in a large bowl. Pour dressing over; toss to coat. Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
- 10Per serving: 350 calories, 29 g fat, 3 g fiber
Nutritional analysis provided by Bon Appétit