Summer Squash and Red Quinoa Salad with Walnuts Recipe | Epicurious.com
·1/2 cup red or other quinoa, rinsed in a fine-mesh sieve, drained
·2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more for seasoning
·1 pound assorted summer squash
·2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan plus 1/4 cup shaved with a peeler
·1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
·2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
·1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
·6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
·Freshly ground black pepper
·1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
·1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
·1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
How to Make Summer Squash and Red Quinoa Salad with Walnuts Recipe | Epicurious.com
- Bring quinoa and 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Season with salt, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until quinoa is tender but not mushy, saucepan.
- Cover and let sit for 15 minutes.
Uncover; fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Cut squash into 1/8"-thick slices, some lengthwise and some crosswise. Transfer to a large bowl, season with 2 teaspoons salt, and toss to coat.
- Let sit until slightly wilted, about 15 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water and drain well. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk grated Parmesan, zest, juice, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Combine squash, quinoa, parsley, walnuts, and basil in a large bowl. Pour dressing over; toss to coat. Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
- Per serving: 350 calories, 29 g fat, 3 g fiber
Nutritional analysis provided by Bon Appétit