This recipe is private
A delicious recipe for shellfish.
- 2 lbs. fresh mussels
- 1 1/4 C. dry white wine
- 1 lg. clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- fresh thyme sprigs
How to Make Steamed Mussels
- 1With stiff brush, scrub mussel shells and tear off beards. Rinse mussels thoroughly under cold running water. In deep 10-inch skillet or 5-quart kettle, combine mussels, wine, garlic, 2 tablespoons basil, dill, and thyme leaves. Cover skillet and cook mussels over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the shells open. Discard any unopened mussels. With tongs, divide mussels among 4 soup plates; pour broth over mussels. Sprinkle with remaining chopped basil and garnish with thyme sprigs. Serve.
About Steamed Mussels
You May Also Like:
Show 3 Comments & Reviews