Vicki's Favorite Cheesy Corn Chowder
1 largeyellow onion, diced
6 cchicken broth
4 cfrozen corn
8 mediumrusset potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cshredded sharp white cheddar cheese
3 Tbspminced garlic
1 1/2 tspblack pepper
3ribs of celery, sliced
12 ozcooked, crumbled bacon
How to Make Vicki's Favorite Cheesy Corn Chowder
- Melt butter in a large soup pot
- Add onion and celery. Cook about 5 minutes until onion is clear.
- Stir in chicken broth, garlic and potatoes. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Add in corn.
- Remove 4 cups of soup and puree in blender. Return puree to pot with remaining soup. Or use an immersion blender to thicken about half of the soup in the pot.
- Stir in milk, cheese and bacon. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with additional shredded cheese, if desired.