Vicki's Favorite Cheesy Corn Chowder
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 large
- yellow onion, diced
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- 4 c
- frozen corn
- 8 medium
- russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 c
- 2 c
- shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 2 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- ribs of celery, sliced
- 12 oz
- cooked, crumbled bacon
How to Make Vicki's Favorite Cheesy Corn Chowder
- 1Melt butter in a large soup pot
- 2Add onion and celery. Cook about 5 minutes until onion is clear.
- 3Stir in chicken broth, garlic and potatoes. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- 4Add in corn.
- 5Remove 4 cups of soup and puree in blender. Return puree to pot with remaining soup. Or use an immersion blender to thicken about half of the soup in the pot.
- 6Stir in milk, cheese and bacon. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Garnish with additional shredded cheese, if desired.