Vegitarian Onion Soup (NOT VEGAN)
- 1/2 stick
- 2 large
- onions, sliced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning, dried
- 1/2 c
- red wine, dry
- 1 Tbsp
- 4 c
- vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste (i like kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper)
How to Make Vegitarian Onion Soup (NOT VEGAN)
- 1Melt the butter in large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper and cook until the onions are very soft and brown. Be sure to watch closely and stir often.
- 2Increase heat to med-high, add wine and bring to a boil. Now reduce heat to simmer and cook off the liquid. Add flour, stir and cook for about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add broth and bring up to a boil again. Remove from heat and add to bowls.
- 4To give it that "french onion restaurant-y" feel and taste, top each bowl with a baguette and then a slice of Gouda, or other yummy white cheese. If you don't have a baguette laying around, use croutons! :-)