Vegetable Soup with Masa Harina
Ruth Ann Vokac
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspolive oil
1small head cauliflower
1 cdiced carrots
1 tspmixed seasonings like trader joe's 21 seasoning salute or one comparable
1/2 cmasa harina
3 cchicken broth
1 ccubed velveeta
1-2 ozpepperjack cheese, diced
How to Make Vegetable Soup with Masa Harina
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil and sauté the onions for 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add water, broccoli with stems, cauliflower, and carrots, salt and mixed seasonings.
- Cook until broccoli heads and cauliflower heads are tender, about 10 minutes. Put 3/4 tender vegetables in a blender. Set aside the remaining tender vegetables.
- Continue cooking until broccoli stems and carrots are tender, 5-10 minutes more. Add them to the blender along with all the liquids and any remaining onion pieces. Blend all the vegetables in the blender until smooth. (Add a splash of water or chicken broth if necessay to blend.)
- In a bowl, mix masa harina and chicken broth until smooth. Add to soup pot and cook over medium heat until thick, 3-5 minutes.
- To the soup pot, add blended vegetables, Velveeta cheese and pepperjack cheese. Turn heat to medium low and stir until cheese is melted.
- Chop reserved tender vegetables into a small dice and add to pot. Let everything simmer for a few minutes for flavors to blend. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.